A new curry recipe! Making curry is one of my favorite things. You can rough chop your veggies, the list of ingredients is small, it’s healthy and EASY.
I had never tried pineapple chicken curry before making this, but I was inspired when one of our friends kept talking about this amazing dish he ordered at a restaurant. He has been working hard trying to re-create the recipe, so I decided I would give it a try. He hasn’t tried mine, but I’m pretty sure this tastes like restaurant quality;) This curry has SO much flavor and is the perfect warm winter dish.
The ingredient list is small and you’ll have curry in just about an hour, making this a great option for busy week nights. You and your family will love this recipe!
- 2 chicken breasts - cut into cubes
- 1 onion - roughly chopped (about 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 green bell pepper - roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple - (about 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup veggie or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat a large dutch oven or soup pot on medium-high heat
- Add the coconut oil and allow to melt
- Add the chicken, 1 tsp salt and pepper, and cook until cooked through, then remove and set aside
- In the same pot, add the onions and peppers and 1 tsp salt and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute - or until fragrant
- Add the coconut milk, broth, pineapple, remaining tsp of salt, curry and cayenne, and bring to a boil
- As soon as it comes to a boil, turn it down to medium heat and let simmer until ready to serve!