Now that Jack and Remy are one, I feel I have a pretty good idea of what we loved throughout the first year. I honestly could have added a lot more items to this list, but this will give you a pretty good idea of some of the basic things we love. I also feel like I am forgetting a lot…but I will periodically update the post as we add items to our “love” list.
- Baby Jogger City Select Stroller with 2nd Seat // I did a lot of research on strollers and am really glad I went this route. It works well with infant seats and I love the HUGE sun canopies that keep the TX sun off Jack and Remy’s faces. I think I’ll buy this bassinet if we have another baby.
- H&M clothes // you guys, I love h&m for baby! Lots of cheap organic cotton basics that they can wear over and over. Also some fun trendy pieces.
- Lotus Pack and Play // I was kind of a pack n play snob and wanted something neutral and sleek. The downside is the price so we only have one, but I love the one we have. It’s really easy to set up and take down and fits into a bag that can easily be used as an airplane carry-on. I have this sheet and mattress pad.
- Boon Odd Ducks // these are the best! They don’t have any holes like a lot of other bath toys so there is no risk of the inside becoming mildewy or moldy. The boys have always loved them.
- Burt’s Bees PJs // Organic cotton, cheap, and on Amazon. Really high quality for the price and cute prints. Love the footed zipper PJs and the two-piece PJs.
- Phil & Teds Poppy High Chair // Really easy to clean, and I love the simple look. Also very easy to travel with since the legs come off.
- ZoLi Teethers // We have lost a couple of these (teethers are by far our most lost item, other than bottle caps..) but I always replenish our stock because they love these. They’re easy to hold and seem to feel really good on their gums. Our other favorite – these Ice Cream Cones.
- Infantino Carrier // This is one of my favorites and SO cheap. We have two Baby Bjorn Carrier One‘s and while we like them, we LOVE this one. It’s $20 on Amazon, so soft, and really easy to travel with. I always have it in my car. I don’t think it would provide enough support for a newborn or baby without neck support, but for older babies it’s great.
- Burt’s Bees Crib Sheets and Changing Pad Covers // I love these because they’re cute, organic cotton and the price is right. Truth is, sheets and changing pad covers get gross and stained, so buying replacements needs to be affordable and these fit that bill.
- Avent Glass Bottles // Some people think I’m crazy when they see that our bottles are glass and wonder how they don’t break, but they don’t. I’ve had these for a year and not one has broken. They also look brand new because they’re glass and you don’t have to worry about heating plastic. We also use Comotomo (Jack couldn’t hold the glass bottles at first) and used these Dr. Brown’s for about the first 3-5 months to reduce spit up.
- Wubbanub // my boy’s were obsessed with these for the first 4 months of their life, then abruptly gave them up (yay), but they are so nice in the beginning. The weight of the animal keeps the paci in their mouth so you don’t have to continually give it to them. And they’re cute.
- Boppy // we JUST put these away. At first they’re amazing to just lay your newborn on to nap, then they’re great for bottle feeding, then they turn into amazing soft climbing toys when they’re playing 😉 Honestly can say we used these daily for the first year, and they’re machine washable.
- Dr. Brown’s Formula Pitcher // I am still using this as we use up the last of their formula, and it has been such a lifesaver and I wish I would have had it months earlier. If you feed your baby formula, it’s a must.
- Baby Bjorn Bouncer // I would consider this one of our splurge purchases but I love it (actually on mega sale on Amazon when I checked today!). This is also something we still use multiple times a day while they drink their bottles. There came a time where Jack and Remy were just way too wiggly to sit on their boppy’s for bottle time, and they are too wiggly to even be held, so these keep them still.
- Dohm Sound Machine // you need a sound machine! We travel with this and it’s a lifesaver. The boys slept in our room for the first 5 months and Mitch and I got so used to it that we bought one for ourselves when they flew the coop.
- Skip Hop Whale Faucet Cover // This has saved us from many faucet injuries. Jack and Remy are wildddd at bath time. This our bathtub mat, and this is our baby bathtub. Love that both can be hung to dry on your shower head.
- The Honest Company Diaper Bag Backpack // a recent purchase since I had this Lassig Diaper Bag for the first 11 months or so. I finally caved and bought a backpack because carrying both babies with a shoulder diaper bag wasn’t working anymore. I loved the Lassig though and would highly recommend, especially if you have multiples (sooo many amazing pockets). It’s a little harder to keep the backpack organized because there are less pockets, but I am really liking the switch.
Some of the above links are affiliate links. If you click on them, I will receive monetary compensation. Thanks for your support!